New Convictions Recovery in Hillsdale Manor, NJ is a top-rated counseling center specializing in gambling addiction treatment. As a leading force in the state, we provide comprehensive gambling addiction counseling services, and therapy for those seeking help. Our dedicated counselors are on hand to assist with every aspect of gambling addiction recovery, from intervention and rehabilitation to providing essential resources, hotlines, and information. Our center stands as a beacon for those battling compulsive gambling and co-occurring disorders, ensuring every individual receives the tailored treatment they need.
Utilizing a blend of traditional and innovative approaches, our programs tackle addiction and underlying mental and substance abuse issues, ensuring holistic recovery. At New Convictions Recovery, we’re committed to making a difference in the lives of those we serve, providing the essential tools and resources for a brighter, addiction-free future.
1. Gaining Insight into the Grip of Gambling Addiction
When an individual feels an insatiable need to gamble, even at the expense of negative consequences or the desire to quit, they are experiencing gambling addiction. This particular addiction falls under the umbrella of behavioral addictions, similar to substance abuse disorders. The root causes of this addiction can vary, ranging from the exhilaration of taking risks, the pursuit of financial gain, or as a means of escaping stress. However, one must first become aware of the problem in order to start the journey towards seeking help and recovery.
2. Identifying Indications and Manifestations of Compulsive Gambling
Compulsive gambling can be recognized through various signs and symptoms. Individuals may exhibit an inability to control or diminish their gambling habits despite encountering negative outcomes. They become engrossed in gambling activities, continuously revisiting past experiences. Furthermore, they may increase the amounts they bet when facing losses, in the hopes of recouping what they have lost (a behavior known as “chasing losses”). When attempting to reduce or quit gambling, restlessness and irritability can arise. Those struggling with this addiction may also hide their gambling activities or deceitfully downplay the extent of their involvement. Financial hardships, such as maxed-out credit cards, loans, or even resorting to theft, may occur as a result of funding this addictive habit.
3. Importance of Seeking Professional Help for Gambling Addiction
- Compulsive gambling can lead to severe mental, financial, and interpersonal issues.
- Professional intervention increases the chances of sustainable recovery.
- Counselors and therapists specializing in gambling addiction offer targeted solutions and coping strategies.
- Get help for gambling addiction in NJ: Seek out the Council of New Jersey at https://800gambler.org for specialized services.
4. Treatment Options for Compulsive Gambling
- Individual and group therapy focuses on the root causes and triggers.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to address and change negative patterns of thought.
- Medication to treat any underlying mental health disorders contributing to the addiction.
- Join a gambling addiction rehabilitation program in New Jersey for comprehensive care.
5. Resources for Individuals with a Gambling Addiction
- Gambling Addiction Hotline: Immediate assistance and information for those in crisis. 609-588-5515
- Online resources provide information, guidance, and access to support networks.
- Local NJ centers and organizations, such as the NJ Council on Compulsive Gambling, offer services, therapy, and programs for recovery.
- Utilize gambling addiction counseling services in New Jersey to find group and individual therapy options.