New Convictions Recovery in Mount Arlington, NJ is a top-rated counseling center specializing in gambling addiction treatment. As a leading force in the state, we provide comprehensive gambling addiction counseling services, and therapy for those seeking help. Our dedicated counselors are on hand to assist with every aspect of gambling addiction recovery, from intervention and rehabilitation to providing essential resources, hotlines, and information. Our center stands as a beacon for those battling compulsive gambling and co-occurring disorders, ensuring every individual receives the tailored treatment they need.
Utilizing a blend of traditional and innovative approaches, our programs tackle addiction and underlying mental and substance abuse issues, ensuring holistic recovery. At New Convictions Recovery, we’re committed to making a difference in the lives of those we serve, providing the essential tools and resources for a brighter, addiction-free future.
1. Gaining Insight into Gambling Disorder
Defining Gambling Disorder
A compulsive compulsion to gamble, persisting despite negative consequences or a desire for cessation.
Similarities to Substance Abuse Disorders
Under the realm of behavioral addictions, gambling disorder shares similarities with substance abuse disorders.
Exploring Root Causes
From the allure of taking risks to the pursuit of financial gain or an escape from stress, various underlying factors can contribute to gambling disorder.
Paving the Way to Recovery with Awareness
Fostering awareness is the crucial initial step towards acknowledging the problem and seeking assistance.
2. Indicators and Manifestations of Compulsive Gambling
Lack of Control and Inability to Reduce Gambling
Failing to exercise restraint or diminish gambling activities, regardless of the negative outcomes.
Obsession and Dwellings on Past Experiences
Becoming consumed by gambling activities and incessantly replaying previous gambling experiences.
Escalating Bets in Pursuit of Loss Recovery
Increasing wager amounts after losses, chasing the hope of recouping previous losses.
Restlessness and Irritability during Attempts to Quit
Experiencing restlessness or irritability when endeavoring to reduce or cease gambling.
Concealment and Deceit
Hiding gambling habits or providing false information regarding the extent of involvement.
Financial Hardship and Desperate Measures
Enduring financial strain, including resorting to maxed-out credit cards, loans, or even theft, to support the gambling addiction.
3. Importance of Seeking Professional Help for Gambling Addiction
- Compulsive gambling can lead to severe mental, financial, and interpersonal issues.
- Professional intervention increases the chances of sustainable recovery.
- Counselors and therapists specializing in gambling addiction offer targeted solutions and coping strategies.
- Get help for gambling addiction in NJ: Seek out the Council of New Jersey at https://800gambler.org for specialized services.
4. Treatment Options for Compulsive Gambling
- Individual and group therapy focuses on the root causes and triggers.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to address and change negative patterns of thought.
- Medication to treat any underlying mental health disorders contributing to the addiction.
- Join a gambling addiction rehabilitation program in New Jersey for comprehensive care.
5. Resources for Individuals with a Gambling Addiction
- Gambling Addiction Hotline: Immediate assistance and information for those in crisis. 609-588-5515
- Online resources provide information, guidance, and access to support networks.
- Local NJ centers and organizations, such as the NJ Council on Compulsive Gambling, offer services, therapy, and programs for recovery.
- Utilize gambling addiction counseling services in New Jersey to find group and individual therapy options.