New Convictions Recovery in Passaic County, NJ: is a top-rated counseling center specializing in gambling addiction treatment. As a leading force in the state, we provide comprehensive gambling addiction counseling services, and therapy for those seeking help. Our dedicated counselors are on hand to assist with every aspect of gambling addiction recovery, from intervention and rehabilitation to providing essential resources, hotlines, and information. Our center stands as a beacon for those battling compulsive gambling and co-occurring disorders, ensuring every individual receives the tailored treatment they need.
Utilizing a blend of traditional and innovative approaches, our programs tackle addiction and underlying mental and substance abuse issues, ensuring holistic recovery. At New Convictions Recovery, we’re committed to making a difference in the lives of those we serve, providing the essential tools and resources for a brighter, addiction-free future.
Understanding the Grip of Gambling Addiction
A compulsive need to gamble, persisting despite negative consequences or the desire to stop.
Typically classified as a behavioral addiction, akin to substance abuse disorders.
Ranges from the thrill of risky behavior, the allure of financial gain, to a means of escaping stress.
Developing awareness is the initial stride towards recognizing the problem and seeking assistance.
Indications and Manifestations of Compulsive Gambling
Lack of Control:
Inability to manage or reduce gambling, despite encountering negative repercussions.
Obsessive preoccupation with gambling activities and recurring reminiscences of past experiences.
Increasing wager amounts when faced with losses, driven by the hope of recuperating one’s losses (chasing losses).
Restlessness and Irritability:
Feeling unsettled or on edge when attempting to minimize or quit gambling.
Secrecy and Deception:
Concealing gambling activities or misrepresenting the extent of involvement.
Manifestations include maxed-out credit cards, borrowing money, or resorting to theft in order to sustain the addiction.
3. Importance of Seeking Professional Help for Gambling Addiction
- Compulsive gambling can lead to severe mental, financial, and interpersonal issues.
- Professional intervention increases the chances of sustainable recovery.
- Counselors and therapists specializing in gambling addiction offer targeted solutions and coping strategies.
- Get help for gambling addiction in NJ: Seek out the Council of New Jersey at https://800gambler.org for specialized services.
4. Treatment Options for Compulsive Gambling
- Individual and group therapy focuses on the root causes and triggers.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to address and change negative patterns of thought.
- Medication to treat any underlying mental health disorders contributing to the addiction.
- Join a gambling addiction rehabilitation program in New Jersey for comprehensive care.
5. Resources for Individuals with a Gambling Addiction
- Gambling Addiction Hotline: Immediate assistance and information for those in crisis. 609-588-5515
- Online resources provide information, guidance, and access to support networks.
- Local NJ centers and organizations, such as the NJ Council on Compulsive Gambling, offer services, therapy, and programs for recovery.
- Utilize gambling addiction counseling services in New Jersey to find group and individual therapy options.