New Convictions Recovery in Rockleigh, NJ is a top-rated counseling center specializing in gambling addiction treatment. As a leading force in the state, we provide comprehensive gambling addiction counseling services, and therapy for those seeking help. Our dedicated counselors are on hand to assist with every aspect of gambling addiction recovery, from intervention and rehabilitation to providing essential resources, hotlines, and information. Our center stands as a beacon for those battling compulsive gambling and co-occurring disorders, ensuring every individual receives the tailored treatment they need.
Utilizing a blend of traditional and innovative approaches, our programs tackle addiction and underlying mental and substance abuse issues, ensuring holistic recovery. At New Convictions Recovery, we’re committed to making a difference in the lives of those we serve, providing the essential tools and resources for a brighter, addiction-free future.
1. Gaining Insight into the Grip of Gambling Addiction
When the urge to gamble persists despite negative consequences or the desire to quit, an individual may be grappling with gambling addiction. This type of addiction falls under the realm of behavioral addictions, which closely resemble substance abuse disorders. The underlying motivations for this compulsive behavior vary, ranging from the exhilaration of taking risks to the pursuit of monetary gain or a means of escaping stress. Nonetheless, embarking on a journey to overcome this addiction necessitates recognizing the issue and actively seeking assistance.
2. Identifying Red Flags: Indications of Compulsive Gambling
An individual struggling with compulsive gambling may showcase several signs and symptoms. These may encompass:
- Difficulty controlling or minimizing gambling despite experiencing detrimental outcomes.
- Becoming excessively preoccupied with gambling activities and persistently reliving past experiences.
- Elevating bet amounts when faced with losses, driven by a desperate hope of recuperating previous losses (commonly known as “chasing losses”).
- Unrest or irritability when attempting to reduce or quit gambling.
- Concealing gambling activities or fabricating the actual extent of involvement.
- Experiencing financial strain, which may manifest as maxed-out credit cards, loans, or even resorting to theft to maintain the habit.
3. Importance of Seeking Professional Help for Gambling Addiction
- Compulsive gambling can lead to severe mental, financial, and interpersonal issues.
- Professional intervention increases the chances of sustainable recovery.
- Counselors and therapists specializing in gambling addiction offer targeted solutions and coping strategies.
- Get help for gambling addiction in NJ: Seek out the Council of New Jersey at https://800gambler.org for specialized services.
4. Treatment Options for Compulsive Gambling
- Individual and group therapy focuses on the root causes and triggers.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to address and change negative patterns of thought.
- Medication to treat any underlying mental health disorders contributing to the addiction.
- Join a gambling addiction rehabilitation program in New Jersey for comprehensive care.
5. Resources for Individuals with a Gambling Addiction
- Gambling Addiction Hotline: Immediate assistance and information for those in crisis. 609-588-5515
- Online resources provide information, guidance, and access to support networks.
- Local NJ centers and organizations, such as the NJ Council on Compulsive Gambling, offer services, therapy, and programs for recovery.
- Utilize gambling addiction counseling services in New Jersey to find group and individual therapy options.