New Convictions Recovery in Englewood Cliffs, NJ is a top-rated counseling center specializing in gambling addiction treatment. As a leading force in the state, we provide comprehensive gambling addiction counseling services, and therapy for those seeking help. Our dedicated counselors are on hand to assist with every aspect of gambling addiction recovery, from intervention and rehabilitation to providing essential resources, hotlines, and information. Our center stands as a beacon for those battling compulsive gambling and co-occurring disorders, ensuring every individual receives the tailored treatment they need.
Utilizing a blend of traditional and innovative approaches, our programs tackle addiction and underlying mental and substance abuse issues, ensuring holistic recovery. At New Convictions Recovery, we’re committed to making a difference in the lives of those we serve, providing the essential tools and resources for a brighter, addiction-free future.
The Complexities of Gambling Addiction
1. Understanding the Depths of Gambling Addiction
Gambling addiction is characterized by an overwhelming compulsion to engage in gambling activities, even in the face of negative consequences or a desire to stop. It is often classified as a behavioral addiction, akin to substance abuse disorders. The underlying reasons for this addiction can vary greatly, ranging from the allure of taking risks to the pursuit of financial gain or the need to escape from overwhelming stress. Recognizing the existence of this issue is crucial for individuals to take the necessary steps towards recovery and seeking help.
Recognizing the Telltale Signs of Compulsive Gambling
2. Identifying Symptoms of Compulsive Gambling
Gambling addiction manifests itself through various signs and symptoms that can serve as warning signs. These include an inability to exert control over gambling habits despite facing negative consequences. Individuals affected by this addiction often become preoccupied with gambling activities, continuously reliving past wins and losses. Moreover, they may resort to increasing their bets when facing losses in a desperate attempt to recoup their money, a behavior commonly known as “chasing losses.” Restlessness and irritability are also common when attempting to reduce or quit gambling. In order to keep their addiction hidden, these individuals may go to great lengths, concealing their gambling activities and possibly lying about the extent of their involvement. They often experience severe financial strain, resorting to maxing out credit cards, taking out loans, or even engaging in theft to sustain their compulsive gambling habits.
3. Importance of Seeking Professional Help for Gambling Addiction
- Compulsive gambling can lead to severe mental, financial, and interpersonal issues.
- Professional intervention increases the chances of sustainable recovery.
- Counselors and therapists specializing in gambling addiction offer targeted solutions and coping strategies.
- Get help for gambling addiction in NJ: Seek out the Council of New Jersey at https://800gambler.org for specialized services.
4. Treatment Options for Compulsive Gambling
- Individual and group therapy focuses on the root causes and triggers.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to address and change negative patterns of thought.
- Medication to treat any underlying mental health disorders contributing to the addiction.
- Join a gambling addiction rehabilitation program in New Jersey for comprehensive care.
5. Resources for Individuals with a Gambling Addiction
- Gambling Addiction Hotline: Immediate assistance and information for those in crisis. 609-588-5515
- Online resources provide information, guidance, and access to support networks.
- Local NJ centers and organizations, such as the NJ Council on Compulsive Gambling, offer services, therapy, and programs for recovery.
- Utilize gambling addiction counseling services in New Jersey to find group and individual therapy options.